Underemployed and Looking For More? Here’s How To Do It Right
Want To Earn Easy Money?
- InboxDollars: Make money in a variety of ways and get a $10 instant bonus. Claim InboxDollars Bonus Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping onine and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $10 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becoming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 point Bonus
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
Being productive when you are underemployed doesn’t need to be miserable. In fact, here are 6 smart ways to be proactive when you’re underemployed.
Underemployment deserves to be the most popular job in the 21st century. Statistics have shown time and time again the number of underemployed workers on the rise, and it doesn’t seem to be going down anytime soon. On the contrary, the level of workplace satisfaction of these employees continues to move the other way.
Plenty of those who fit the category gets a bit impatient with their jobs and life at times. It’s like: “is my break stranded in the middle of nowhere or is it taking a detour?” But before these ill feelings take hold of your sanity, let this article be a sort of enlightenment to shed light on your situation. Here are some smart ways to make the most of being underemployed.
You’re not on the unemployment line. You’re earning. You have money to get by, even if it isn’t that much or if it’s just a paycheck to paycheck type of living. The primary reason we work is survival. I believe a good pay, a title or getting in your dream company is just secondary. Satisfaction and success are just bonuses. In the recent study for unemployment in the U.S., there has been a sharp decrease in the unemployment rate. Aren’t you proud to have contributed, leading to the drastic change in the country?
You have an addition to your repertoire. Most of us take on certain jobs just to get by, and some just to gain experience in preparation for their dream job. There are also people who take on jobs unparallel to their majors for the sake of passion. This may be temporary but it’s a springboard to success. Whatever is the case, you have something to add to your work experience on your resume. Having a long list of skills and experiences is to die for, especially now that the competition to enter big companies is tough.
Want free money?
- Aspiration: Want to get spotted a $100 for free? Simply sign up for Aspiration, and the free banking app will give you cash for free, you just relax while it gives you $100 just for opening a new debit card. There’s no catch. This bank account is legit and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
You’re learning new things. I’ve taught at an international language academy for six years and been an instructor at a university. As you can see, teaching is sort of a comfort zone for me. And here I am working as a writer and forcing myself to learn and absorb a portion of the Internet. I hated it and had a hard time memorizing stuff, but beyond the hate and discomfort, I’m learning something totally new. Nothing can guarantee that I would be able to use this on my dream job, but I could definitely put it at my disposal.
However, it’s not all skills that are up for grabs but knowing more about who we are. Our strengths, weaknesses – part of us that need pruning. Once properly dealt with, by the time we enter the company we’ve always dreamed of we’re already better equipped and refined to take on the tasks that await us.
You have a more varied exposure. More than the skills learned during your freelance season or part-time phase are the system, the culture and the nature of the environment in a particular workplace. Each company has its own culture and system instilled to maintain order and productivity, so open your mind and observe. Adapt the good habits in a company.
If you’ve been used to beating tight deadlines, then another round of it would be easier to manage. If you’ve worked for a Cruella Deville, then another version would be much easier to deal with.
You have a wider network. All of us aim to work in a bigger company no less, earn a higher salary and all, but what we can’t easily attain is a network of good people who we can call friends. Those who stick with us from the bottom on our way up are for keeps.
Ways to Get Paid to Play Games On Your Phone?
- Solitaire Cube: Earn up $50 per month playing Solitaire with one of the highest-paying gaming apps on the web. Download Solitaire Cube (iOS only)
- Robinhood: This investing app lets you trade stocks and do everything for free and takes no fees — ever. Better yet, if you join through this link you can get a free stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint when you join (must complete signup).
- Survey Junkie: Want to get paid instantly via PayPal? Simply sign up for Survey Junkie, and the free survey site will pay you to fill out surveys and surf the web. There’s no catch. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
Popular Gig Economy Jobs
As a shopper, you'll pick and deliver the items that customers want and get paid for it.
✓ Work anytime and get 100% of tips
✓ Work from anywhere
✓ Access Instant Deposit
Earn at least $425 in your city. for your first 55 completed deliveries, guaranteed. Earn every time you complete a delivery.
✓ Must have an insured car, scooter or bike
✓ You can get paid 100% of tips
✓ Get started in as little as 2 days
Deliver takeout food
Drive and deliver with DoorDash and start making money today. Pick your own schedule and use any car or bike. Fast signup, great pay, easy work.
✓ Work anytime
✓ Work from anywhere
✓ Access Fast Pay
You’ll grow. There’s a condition to this one. You’ll grow if you’ll allow yourself to. You can up for self-realization or self-discovery. Opt to look at the positive side of things. The waiting season does not equate to standing still and doing nothing. Make the most out of it. Grow by learning new things, making new friends, maturing and nurturing ourselves as a worker and as a person.
This is not to bust any popular belief or myth regarding underemployment. This is basically to somehow change the perspective of underemployed workers and shed another light to the often undermined and neglected benefits of being underemployed. With a positive mental attitude to start with, you won’t belittle the things you have right now. Instead, you’ll use it to turn the tables to your advantage, being the person you’re intended to be.
Want free money?