Job Search Frustration: 5 Steps to Re-Launch Your Job Hunting
Want To Earn Easy Money?
- InboxDollars: Make money in a variety of ways and get a $10 instant bonus. Claim InboxDollars Bonus Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping onine and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $10 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becoming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 point Bonus
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
Suffering job search frustration? It’s easy to happen if your job hunting has gone without much buzz. Luckily, it’s easy to get that job search back in action!
This is a situation all too familiar to many people. You are a month (or two) into the job search, and the response is very minimal, at best. You are getting few calls and emails, and most of the resumes you have sent out did not even warrant a response.
This economy presents a tough job market for seekers. However, just because you are desperate, it doesn’t mean that you need to come off as such. It is important to avoid some of the basic mistakes that you might be tempted to make in this market.
Job Search Checklist to Avoid Job Frustration
While it can be easy to slip into job search frustration, despair, and wanting to give up, I offer you a more constructive alternative.
Would you like to re-launch the job search that seems to have slowed down? Here is a simple job search checklist.
Want free money?
- Aspiration: Want to get spotted a $100 for free? Simply sign up for Aspiration, and the free banking app will give you cash for free, you just relax while it gives you $100 just for opening a new debit card. There’s no catch. This bank account is legit and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
Here are 5 mistakes to avoid on your job hunt:
1. Make a Plan.
Your job search should not just be a random foray into the world of job openings. Instead, you should put some effort into planning your jobs search. Decide where you want to apply, and figure out what you need to do in order to make your job application stand out. Identify your top prospect, and spend the most time on that, first. Then prioritize your other possibilities. From what you will wear to an interview to whom you will approach about a job, create a game plan.
2. Stand out.
It is extremely tempting in this job to simply for anything that you might remotely qualify for. Unfortunately, this is a rather inefficient use of your job hunt resources. If you apply for everything, you won’t have time to really refine applications to the jobs you are most qualified for or the job you want most. Instead of filling out dozens of applications a day, take the time to examine job requirements and make sure that your resume and cover letter reflect the value you could bring while emphasizing what makes you a good fit for a particular job. You will turn in a better quality application that gives you a better chance.
3. Don’t Rely Too Much on Public Postings.
These can be postings online, or public postings in the Classifieds. Yes, you should make use of these sources. But don’t rely on them too much. Instead, see if you can find out about positions that are not open to the public. This might require some careful networking so that you know where there are jobs. Indeed, you should be sure that everyone you know understands that you are on the job hunt. You might be surprised at how those in your networks “ online and offline “ can help you find job openings you didn’t know existed.
4. Prepare for the Interview, Seriously.
Before you go into an interview, prepare in advance. Think about your best qualities, and consider what you can bring to the company. You will need to show that you can solve problems and contribute. You should also think of some intelligent questions to ask, as well as do research about your market value. Be prepared for an interview, and you are more likely to be one of the top prospects.
5. Update Your References.
Be sure that your job references are up to date. Make sure that your references are still willing to recommend you. Let them know what positions you are applying for, and which companies are likely to call. This provides your references with time to prepare so that they won’t be caught by surprise. The last thing you want is a flustered and disgruntled reference stumbling through a recommendation. And don’t forget; if you’re a University of Oregon alum and no longer living in that Eugene campus apartment, be sure to update your address to make things look more professional.
Ways to Get Paid to Play Games On Your Phone?
- Solitaire Cube: Earn up $50 per month playing Solitaire with one of the highest-paying gaming apps on the web. Download Solitaire Cube (iOS only)
- Robinhood: This investing app lets you trade stocks and do everything for free and takes no fees — ever. Better yet, if you join through this link you can get a free stock like Apple, Ford, or Sprint when you join (must complete signup).
- Survey Junkie: Want to get paid instantly via PayPal? Simply sign up for Survey Junkie, and the free survey site will pay you to fill out surveys and surf the web. There’s no catch. They have an A+ rating with the BBB and only takes two minutes to sign up for an account.
Popular Gig Economy Jobs
As a shopper, you'll pick and deliver the items that customers want and get paid for it.
✓ Work anytime and get 100% of tips
✓ Work from anywhere
✓ Access Instant Deposit
Earn at least $425 in your city. for your first 55 completed deliveries, guaranteed. Earn every time you complete a delivery.
✓ Must have an insured car, scooter or bike
✓ You can get paid 100% of tips
✓ Get started in as little as 2 days
Deliver takeout food
Drive and deliver with DoorDash and start making money today. Pick your own schedule and use any car or bike. Fast signup, great pay, easy work.
✓ Work anytime
✓ Work from anywhere
✓ Access Fast Pay
Can you think of other things that can cause job search frustration? Let us know.
Need help with your resume? Take advantage of See Resumes job winning resume templates today!
Want free money?